www.scottlarsonconsulting.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.Collection and Use | Information Sharing | Tracking Technologies | Security | Additional Info | Contact Info Collection and Use of Personal InformationWe collect the following personal information from youEffective on July 8, 2010This privacy statement describes how Scott Larson Consulting collects and uses the personal information you provide on our Web site:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number, password
- Information about your business such as company name, company size, business type
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our Web site and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
- as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if Scott Larson Consulting is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
- When I bring any equipment in to be repaired, or consult with you about any of your services how do you protect my information from falling into the wrong hands? Scott Larson has strict polices on accessing your personal information when you bring in any device for repair and during a consultation regarding any service we offer. Devices brought into us are stored and locked in a cabinet when not being worked on. When the equipment is on the bench being repaired the device is only accessed by our technicians who have signed confidentiality agreements protecting your data. When repairing equipment if we have to access any personal data at all we only access specific portions of personal data in conjunction with the required repairs, any nothing beyond what is required. Before we make repairs, we may perform a safety backup of your information. In case something happens during a repair we can restore the equipment to its original state. When we do this we encrypt your data using 256bit encryption that is not known to be crackable at this time and we keep backups in our posession no longer than 30 days after the repair is complete (Unless you specificy otherwise). Please be aware that we are not responsible for data loss of any kind, so please backup your data before authorising work on your device. Our business depends on you feeling safe that your personal data is in good hands and we would never willingly do anything to jeopardize that trust.
- When I bring my computer to you or I make a request for remote repair service, what kind of privacy protections do you offer me? Scott Larson uses remote repair software to perform repairs when a computer is brought into the shop. Shop repairs are done by installing Remote VNC software on your computer which allows the technician to work on multiple computers at once. Please be aware that the Remote VNC software's connection is password protected and secured by an 128bit encryption algorithm, only allowing techs to connect to the computer in the shop while its being serviced. Also note that we do leave the software installed in case the computer is returned for further repairs or upgrades. The software cannot be accessed over the internet by anyone but Scott Larson Consulting unless some third party gains direct access to your computer by some other means. We will only access the Remote VNC service unless your computer is in the shop, or you request us to access it to do remote repairs over the internet. Remote Repair service is by appointment only. Scott Larson follows the same rules in question #1 when it comes to privacy protections of your personal data. If you wish to not have this software installed upon the return of the computer please inform us during the repair process.